matterius Terms and Conditions for Clients
1. Subject Matter. These terms and conditions govern the legal relationship between us, matterius GmbH with registered offices at Munich/Germany, and you, when you confirm a matter on our platform at matterius.com ("matterius").
2. About matterius. matterius is an online platform to make the experience of business lawyers transparent, verifiable and findable. Lawyers can describe and publish matters and optionally have them confirmed online by the client.
3. Client Relationships. Client relationships concerning legal services are only established between you and the client. We do not provide legal services and are not responsible for them.
4. Confirmation of the Correctness of the Matter Description. If you confirm a matter online on matterius, you confirm to us (a) that the lawyer indicated in the matter description has provided the legal service as described therein and that the description is accurate, and (b) that you work or have worked for the company indicated as the client and may submit the confirmation.
5. Consent to the Publication of the Matter Description. By confirming the matter, you allow us, the lawyer and his or her law firm, to publish the matter description with the content presented to you, in particular on the internet (e.g. on matterius.com or the law firm's website) and in print media, and to use and exploit the matter description for marketing purposes. To withdraw your consent, please contact the lawyer, who may delete the matter at any time.
6. Accuracy and Lawfulness. Information and statements made by you must be accurate, must not be misleading or violate any applicable laws, third party rights, these terms or conditions, or contractual agreements (e.g. NDAs).
7. Protection of your Contact Data. The contact details you entered when confirming the matter (name, e-mail, company, position) will not be published unless you expressly agree. We will only use your contact information to verify that you are working for the specified client. Afterwards, we delete your contact data unless you have explicitly agreed to their publication or create an optional user account.
8. Comments. Your submitted comments are visible to the lawyer and will be published if you and the lawyer agree. Appreciations are always published.
9. User Accounts. If you register with a client user account, you instruct us to send you our legal newsletter and you will be able to confirm matters on matterius without having to re-enter all your contact details and verify your email address in the future. Setting up a user account is optional. Your user account will not be linked to the matters you confirm.
10. Limitation of Liability. Our liability is limited to the extent permissible to intent and gross negligence.
11. Place of Performance and Applicable Law. Place of performance is at our registered office. This contract and all disputes arising out of it (both in contract and tort) shall be governed exclusively by German law, under exclusion of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
12. Severability. Should individual provisions of this contract be or become invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.