Advising a provider in the connected car sector on data protection, general terms and conditions and online law
Dr. Thomas Helbing
The client provides products and online services that private individuals can use to collect vehicle data and then analyze it via a web-based platform, e.g. in the form of driving records or vehicle diagnostics. The business model in this respect is the operation of a SmartCar or ConnectedCar platform.
Since 2016, I have advised the client on a wide range of data protection issues, website design and the drafting of general terms and conditions, including
- Drafting of data protection policies for the SmartCar and/or ConnectedCar service
- Drafting of end user customer terms and conditions
- Advice on the legally compliant design of the online ordering process
- Advice on the data protection-compliant design of the website
- Drafting contracts with cooperation partners
- Support in conducting a data protection impact assessment
- Advice on data subject inquiries
- Support for the internal data protection officer
This page describes a matter, case or other experience of a lawyer.