Advising an operator of a global B2B logistics platform on data protection
Dr. Thomas Helbing
The client operates a cloud-based platform for transportation logistics and has subsidiaries in several jurisdictions. The company brings together shippers, suppliers, retailers, consignees and carriers worldwide and helps them to manage their logistics processes efficiently. The platform also collects and processes location data of trucks.
I have been advising the client in data protection matters since 2015, including on the
- Assessment of the data protection roles and responsibilities of the participants in the context of the logistics platform.
- International data transfers, including third-country transfers, concerning both customer data and employee data.
- Data protection-compliant design of the platform (e.g. anonymization, reports, data protection consents)
- Design of data protection notices / data protection policies
- Data protection-compliant design of the website, including online marketing and web analytics.
This page describes a matter, case or other experience of a lawyer.