Advising an IT consulting firm specialized in digital analytics on data protection and contracts
Dr. Thomas Helbing
Matter confirmed by Client
My client is a consulting firm specialized in digital analytics and digital marketing. The interdisciplinary team includes computer scientists, economists, mathematicians, media designers and sociologists. My client works with solutions such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Optimizely, Tableau, Tealium, Usercentrics or Webtrekk, some of which the client also provides to its own customers as a reseller (authorized dealer, distributor, sales partner). In addition, my client has developed its own small SaaS tools to close gaps in its customers' web analytics projects. Leading German and international brands, e.g. in the automotive and banking indsutry, trust in my client's expertise.
The mix of renowned clients and online marketing requires data protection expertise at a high level as well as risk-oriented and pragmatic support in contract drafts, reviews and negotiations. The business partners of my client have high data protection requirements and sometimes present my client with their own, often complex, set of contracts.
I support the analytics consulting firm since 2016 in contract drafting and data protection matter, such as:
- Drafting general terms and conditions and controller processor agreements for the client's own SaaS tools.
- Drafting general terms and conditions for consulting and development services
- Review of contracts and services of web-analytics tool providers
- Joint publication of blog posts on legal topics
- Contract terms and functionality of major analytics and tracking tools
- How online analytics works from a technical perspective
- Management of analytics projects at large companies
This page describes a matter, case or other experience of a lawyer.